Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
The Black Knight is a frequently seen stock character across all manner of Arthurian and medieval tales. Sometimes he is an evil antagonist, and other times he is a hero. Often he is in disguise.
- In Le Morte d'Arthur by Thomas Malory: The Black Knight is the final of the colored knights (Red, Green, Blue, and Black) that challenge Gareth There sat a knight all armed in black harness, and his name was the Knight of the Black Laund." .
- A Black Knight kills Arthur's squire and is then killed by Arthur in Perlesvaus
- The Knight of The Cart has a Black Knight that defeats Sir Calogrenant, but is later defeated by Yvain when he picks up Calogrenant's quest.
- An identity used by Lancelot in the Vulgate Cycle Lancelot.
- King Pellinore is cast as the Sable (black) Knight in Howard Pyle's retelling.
- In Tom a Lincoln by Richard Johnson the Black Knight is the grandson of Arthur, son of Arthur's bastard Tom.
- The Faerie Queen by Edmund Spencer, where a black-clad giant is slain by King Arthur after he severs its arms and legs.
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) (film) features a black knight, perhaps inspired by Spencer, that guards a forest path, and continues to fight even after losing both arms and legs.
- A heroic Black Knight in the film The Black Knight (film)
- A villainous Black Knight steals Excalibur in the movie serial The Adventures of Sir Galahad